Edmonton Gamer

Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry Potter and the Magical Cash machine

Everywhere you look now its H.P. this, H.P. that... It's as if the entire world has converted to a fantasy world overnight. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to see kids getting into reading, but this is turning into another Tamagotchi or Tickle me Elmo.

Apparently the new Harry Potter book sold an astonishing 6.9 million copies in its first 24 hours in the United States - averaging better than 250,000 sales per hour and smashing the record held by the previous Potter release. What this tells me is that there is a larger market for science-fiction than we had previously thought. Not to mention the fact that most the kids I have talked to have already read through the entire book! I guess it brings new meaning to the term "book-worm".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home